Use your photos to tell a story
On your fridge or photo wall group together photos from the same event. Choose pictures to tell a story, give a feel for what you’ve done, show where you’ve been or what event you were at.
- Where it was (wide angle/scenery/a sign)
- Who was there (how people were dressed)
- What people were feeling (close up of facial expressions)
- Why you were there (holiday with friends, kids party, wedding etc)
- A funny/quirky photo is great (e.g. holding up the leaning tower of Pisa or something you don’t see everyday)
In the “Snow Story” we included wide angle and scenery photos, a sign of where we were, close ups of faces and expressions, our group and a quirky one of a fence made of skis.
By Life Stage
Depending what stage in life your at you may have different needs and uses for a Photowall.
- Family with kids – Start recording your family history now (before time gets away). Put a Photowall in your family room with space each side to add more photos in the coming years. Start a Photowall at one end of your hallway (or stair case) and add photos over time (in chronological order). Give your kids their own “section”, or let them start a Photowall in their room. HOT TIP - Start taking an annual family photo (e.g. Christmas day) and record your family over the years (take it in the same place to highlight the changes).
- Kids have left home - Put up a Photowall to celebrate all the amazing times your family has had. Go through your old photos (you’ll enjoy it) and use the ones that make you laugh & smile to fill your Photowall.
- Young, single and renting – Create a detachable Photowall and start collecting your favorite photos. You just need a sheet of metal and some removable tabs (3M makes some great ones). This way it’s easy to take down when you move out (take it down in a few minutes) and put it back up at your new place.
- Have your own house or apartment – Put up a permanent Photowall. Have one down your hall and break it into 4 or 5 sections with each one representing a decade of your life.
- Partnered up – Create a photo wall with a mix of photos, before you met and after you met, have photos on the edge from before you met, and when your are together in the middle.
Protect & save your photos
We recommend you get in the habit of printing and displaying your favorite photos (rather than leaving them in digital format), if your computer crashes your photos may be lost forever!
Get in the habit of regularly reviewing your photos, when you find a “favorite” print it and and put it on display. A printed photo is “saved” in a safe physical format. Make it a routine to download > review > print > display your photos. Don’t leave it until it is too late ! Use your photos to brighten up a room or wall. Our Post-a-Digi>> service makes it easy to print and frame your favorite photos when you find them. We print it, add a Fridgi Flexi and deliver it to you.
- Print & Protect
- Frame & Enjoy
If you have kids you can use a Photowall to teach them the importance of keeping a visual history record, which will become an irreplaceable collection of images from their life.
Sharing your photos with friends & family
Get your favorite photos off facebook and get them on display at home. The ones you really love you can share with your friends (encourage them to start printing and saving their photos too). Use Post-a-Digi>> to send them a photo & a Fridgi in the post. Let your friends know you’re building a Photowall so they might reciprocate and send you some awesome photos (that you might not have seen).
Go Black & White for dramatic impact
Create a stunning display with just 6 or 7 black & white photos. Get a modern, artistic look with just silver or just black frames.
Start small, Grow BIG
Photos are one of our most precious possessions. If you are not in the habit of printing & protecting your favorites start now. Put a small collection of your favorites on your fridge, as your collection grows put the latest ones up on the fridge and move the others to a Photowall (lounge room wall, hallway, stairway). It’s effortless with magnetic frames. Over time you will create a irreplaceable collection of photos.
Great color combinations
A few well chosen frames can really brighten up a room
- Go for impact with all silver frames, all black or all white frames
- Dark blue & light blue frames look great together
- Mix lime & light blue frames for an upbeat look
- Aqua & light blue frames give your pics a fresh look
Relive your special moments
Create a Photowall with all your favorite events
- wedding photos (in all silver frames)
- honeymoon photos (in light blue)
- baby photos (in pink frames)
- holiday (photos in dark blue)
- fancy dress party (in gold frames)
Display important Information
Write down all the phone numbers you might need in an emergency and put them in a bright colored (orange)Fridgi on the side of your fridge, or use some Magic Mounts to put it on, or in a cupboard. Everyone in your house will know where they are in an emergency.
- write a list of important numbers (Fire, Police, Ambulance, Doctor, nearest Hospital, poison help line, Dentist, Plumber, Electrician, Taxi, School, Neighbors, Relatives, Family and close friends – work & mobile).
- school timetables or chore schedules
- invitations to upcoming events
- shopping lists
A Fridgi is just as useful for displaying a sheet of paper.
Ways to use Fridgis by Room
There many places that you can put up some photos & frames
- Cupboard Door
- Display photos, emergency information, weekly schedules, school timetables.
- above the couch
- floor to ceiling
- between a bookcase
- in a corner
Hallway or Stairway
- between doorways
- chronologically down the hall
- broken into section (by decades, holidays, events, each family member has their own)
- Mirror (a few on the side or surround the whole mirror)
- Above the bed head
- Filing cabinet
- Wall or whiteboard
- Cubicle Partition (a magic mount panel will stick to a material panel)
There are a Fridgillion ways to lay out your photos with Fridgi magnetic photo frames.